Position: Community Health Outreach Worker
Program: Sisters in Control - Get Smart B4U Get Sexy
Supervisor: Sisters in Control Program Manager
Work Schedule: 32 hours/week PT (Monday – Friday) Some nights & weekends as needed
Expected Hours: 32 hrs
Salary Range: $46,000
Primary Job Functions:
- Assist in developing and coordinating programs designed to promote the organization and its services to the community and the target population.
- Serve as one of the program facilitators for EBAN program.
- Develops and executes recruitment strategies for EBAN program participants
- Assist in carrying out organizing campaigns
- Assist in program and organizational fundraising (Grants, Sponsorships, Fee-for-Service, Special Events).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Black Women for Wellness at various community events, meetings, and media events.
- Serve as a credible source of knowledge and information to community members who desire to be more involved and educated on various efforts.
- Coordinate meetings, events and activities for program participants and cohorts.
- Encourage participation from people in the community.
- Utilize online organizing tools and social media.
- Travel to trainings out of town and on some evenings, weeknights and weekends.
- Build the organization of BWW and its power.
- Build partnerships with community institutions.
- Strengthen BWW participation in local, regional, and national campaigns
- Support community mobilization efforts.
- Experience working with populations served by EBAN program.
- Experience in community organizing or canvassing.
- Able to walk short distances.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work unusual work hours, including weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) and evenings.
- Reliable transportation.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment within the context of an overall plan and structure.
- Excellent communication skills in one-on-one and group settings.
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Willing and able to travel to appropriate work sites, and to work long and irregular work hours.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
How to Apply:
Candidates should email their resume to [email protected], with a subject heading including their name, job title of interest and desired salary. Please include a cover letter. BWW will contact you for an interview if BWW believes you may be a good fit.