Rites of Passage
To be considered a BWW Rites of Passage Program applicant, complete the below information. (Incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Successful applicants will be invited to participate in an 8 week Rites of Passage program. Attendees must attend all program sessions.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a “first come, first serve” basis as limited space is available.
About the Rites of Passage (ROP)
The ROP Program will:
- Provide an in-depth understanding of life skills and health education
- Discuss the impact of social media and pop culture on participants’ view of themselves and their communities
- Help participants respond to challenging situations like peer pressure and body image issues
- Provide an environment for you to be creative and gain life skills to design the life you want #BlackGirlMagic
Upon successful completion of the Rites Of Passage program, participants will be better equipped to navigate the phases of adolescence as a Black girl.
If you have any questions about the ROP Program process or responsibilities, please contact the Get Smart B4U Get Sexy Program Coordinator at: [email protected] or Program Manager: [email protected].
To be eligible for participation in the trainings, you must be:
- Complete the application form in its entirety
- Attend all sessions in person
- Provide Referral letter from an adult (community leader, teacher, mentor, etc.) other than a family member discussing your character.
“Blaming Black mothers, then, is a way of subjugating the Black race as a whole. At the same time, devaluing motherhood is particularly damaging to Black women … regulating Black women’s reproductive decisions has been a central aspect of racial oppression in America.”
– Dorothy Roberts, Killing the Black Body: Race, Reproduction, and the Meaning of Liberty