- This event has passed.
Beyond Roe: Intersection of Abortion Access, Economic Justice, and Religious Liberty
January 28 @ 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM PST
Join us in a conversation about reproductive rights!
- Keynote Speaker: Rabbi Mira Rivera
- Master of Ceremony: Gabrielle Brown, MPA
“Beyond Roe: Intersection of Abortion Access, Economic Justice, and Religious Liberty” will explore issues surrounding abortion rights in the aftermath of Roe v. Wade.
This conversation aims to delve into how access to abortion is linked with wider themes of economic justice and religious freedom.
We will shed light on how abortion access is not just a matter of personal choice, but also intersects with economic disparities and religious beliefs.
The event will include personal discussions and explore the complex layers of abortion access in relation to economic status and religious backgrounds.
About the Intersection of Abortion Access, Economic Justice, and Religious Liberty
The intersection of abortion access, economic justice, and religious liberty touches on various aspects of individual rights, social equality, and moral and ethical considerations.
- Abortion Access: This concerns the right of individuals to have safe and legal access to abortion services, bodily autonomy, women’s rights, healthcare access, and reproductive freedom.
- Economic Justice: In the context of abortion, economic justice relates to the ability of individuals to access abortion services. Costs associated with these services, including travel, medical expenses, and time off work, can disproportionately affect those with fewer financial resources.
- Religious Liberty: In the context of abortion, religious liberty becomes a significant factor as various religions have different views on the morality of abortion. The debate often centers around how much influence religious beliefs should have on public policy and the extent to which they can dictate the availability and legality of abortion services.