What you should know about the Green New Deal
We can build a better tomorrow today. The Green New Deal Resolution is about more than just solar panels and wind turbines, it establishes the foundation for a successful and sustainable 21st century economy.
The Green New Deal Resolution outlines the framework for a comprehensive and ambitious plan to combat climate change by creating millions of high-wage jobs in new green industries, transition our energy system and building new infrastructure.
The resolution calls for accomplishment of these goals through a 10-year national mobilization effort. The resolution also enumerates the goals and projects of the mobilization effort, including
Provisions of The Green New Deal include:
- Building smart power grids (i.e., power grids that enable customers to reduce their power use during peak demand periods);
- Upgrading all existing buildings and constructing new buildings to achieve maximum energy and water efficiency;
- Removing pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation and agricultural sectors;
- Cleaning up existing hazardous waste and abandoned sites;
- Ensuring businesspersons are free from unfair competition; and
- Providing higher education, high-quality health care, and affordable, safe, and adequate housing to all.