Position: Phone Banker /Canvasser
Supervisor: Sisters in Control Program Manager
Work Schedule: 15- 20hrs/week PT (Sunday-Saturday) Some nights & weekends as needed
Expected Hours: 15-20 hrs.
Salary Range: $17/hour
Primary Job Functions:
- Walking Door to Door in specific Los Angeles County neighborhoods.
- Making phone calls (phone banking) to community members about voting.
- Talking to community members about the importance of voting and advocating for policies to improve the community.
- Collecting voter pledge information
- Registering people to vote.
- Light data entry.
- Assist in program and organizational fundraising (Grants, Sponsorships, Fee-for-Service, Special Events).
- Able to walk short distances.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work unusual work hours, including weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) and evenings.
- Reliable transportation.
- Experience in community organizing or canvassing.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment within the context of an overall plan and structure.
- Excellent communication skills in one-on-one and group settings.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Willing and able to travel to appropriate work sites, and to work long and irregular work hours.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
How to Apply:
Candidates should email their resume to [email protected], with a subject heading including their name, job title of interest and desired salary. Please include a cover letter. BWW will contact you for an interview if BWW believes you may be a good fit.