2023 Black Maternal Health Week: Kitchen Divas “Glowing While Growing” Live Cooking Demo
April 11 @ 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM PDT
Click Here for Registration Link to “Glowing While Growing” »
A mother’s nutrition affects her body and the health of her baby. Maintaining a healthy balanced diet helps ensure you and your baby stay healthy throughout the pregnancy. Our prenatal workshop includes a live cooking demo by our chef who will provide recipes for plant forward meals plus a live Q&A with a midwife & nutritionist.
Our time together will include the tips and conversation about the following:
- Nutritional needs for baby and mother in each trimester
- Important foods to include in everyday life
- How to achieve healthy weight gain and avoid eating for “two”
- Important nutrients for you and your baby (brain development, bones, healthy development)
- Healthy pregnancy snacks
- Cravings and food aversions
- Nutrition tips to alleviate some common discomforts: nausea, fatigue, heartburn, constipation, water retention
Very limited capacity. Registration required.
About Black Maternal Health Week (BMHW)
Black Maternal Health Week (BMHW) is a week-long campaign founded and led by the Black Mamas Matter Alliance to build awareness, activism, and community-building to amplify the voices, perspectives and lived experiences of Black Mamas and birthing people.
This year’s Black Maternal Health Week theme is “Our Bodies Belong to Us: Restoring Black Autonomy and Joy!”
Black Maternal Health Week Event Schedule:
- Tuesday, April 11th: Kitchen Divas “Glowing While Growing” Live Cooking Demo
- Wednesday, April 12th: Supporting Black Mothers, Restoring Joy Interactive Pregnancy Support Demo
- Friday, April 14th: [email protected] Centering Black Mothers CA Maternal Mortality Rate Panel
- Saturday, April 15th: Community Baby Shower Hosted by AIMM CAT